This subgroup provides a regional focus for discussion of rural housing issues by doing the following:
- Promote and disseminate good practice in the planning, delivery and management of rural housing.
- Review emerging policies and strategies and provide a co-ordinated group/network response in relation to affordable rural housing.
- Actively promote and lobby for investment and prioritisation of rural housing with funding agencies/strategic partners.
- Contribute and inform the development of evidence base for rural housing needs to influence policy development and investment.
- Liaise directly with and to respond to other agencies, organisations and Government departments in relation to rural housing issues.
- Feed intelligence and inform to the wider Rural Network to enable it to undertake its rural proofing obligations and engagement with Defra.